Exhibition

A Pilgrim Town: The Mix of Old and New on North Street

A Pilgrim Town: The Mix of Old and New on North Street

Over the last century North Street has become the home to two cinemas and, more recently, a Department of Film Studies. The presence of these modern cinemas within this ancient religious and educational centre has greatly shaped how cinema has been perceived and enjoyed within St Andrews.

Read More

Remembering La Scala Today

Remembering La Scala Today

In 2003, St Andrews' first fixed-site of film exhibition, 'The Tin Tabernacle', was demolished.

Read More

Closure of The Cinema House

Closure of The Cinema House

The Cinema House closes in December, after 66 years of film exhibition in St Andrews.

Read More

The New Picture House opens

The New Picture House opens

The New Picture House opens on North Street in December 1930.

Read More

Opening of The Cinema House

Opening of The Cinema House

The Cinema House opens on North Street in December 1913.

Read More

La Scala moves

La Scala moves

The Roman Catholic church on The Scores is moved to James Street, where it would be used as a skating rink and as the first 'fixed' cinema in St Andrews (renamed La Scala in 1913).

Read More